Tuesday, January 18, 2005

DCeptette--A Rush of Duh to the Head Version

  1. If you got the funny feeling that the worse elements on the Arlington Music Scene message board are about to kick into massive ego overdrive, how prophetic of you! It's almost time for the Six Points Music Festival. And they have a blog! Something new for Here's a Hint to hate. (6PMF)
  2. According to "experts", traffic on Inauguration day should be like "regular weekday rush hour and a major snowstorm wrapped together." Wouldn't it be awesome it that wasn't metaphorical? But seriously, the big difference is you don't need to rush out and buy 37 rolls of toilet paper for your home prior to Bush appearing in public. At least not yet. (DCist)
  3. You know, when you talk to me, you'll discover that I'm surprisingly undogmatic on the issue of gun control. I really do try to have respect for gun owners. But be that as it may, carrying your Sig Sauer into the Appleby's as a matter of course gets you branded as a dorktastic dorkface in my book, and if, heaven forfend, that Appleby's gets robbed while I am there and you shoot up the place in your approximation of frontier self-defense, you had better shoot me dead as well, because if I survive I swear I will beat out your goddamned brains right there on the spot. (Post)
  4. It's the 21st Century! Where are the hot, innovative jobs for women? On Craigslist, of course. (Craigslist, 1 and 2)
  5. Oh, you have to be fucking kidding me. Jeff wants to get a band together. A tribute band. A Coldplay tribute band. Ye fucking Gods. You could at least wait until they released a third album, tools. Or just write some emo songs. Those songs pretty much write themselves. In the meantime, I guess sign me up to be the dude who bangs whoever you got that looks like Gwen Paltrow. (Craigslist)

No comments: