Friday, January 21, 2005

Personal Inaugural Aftermath

Well, there's actually not a whole lot of aftermath for me. Except that my car is inspected. And it passed. So, good for me.

Actually, the Washington Post said that 800 people showed up at the Casa Del Pueblo to see Anti Flag and Q and not U last night. Damn, son, that's a lot of people. I'm sure Randy Baker's already changed all of his publicity copy so that it says each Rorschach show is actually a Q and not U concert. Of course, 800 people in the rehearsal space--tonight at rehearsal, that whole room is going to smell like the Green Party. Bleccchh.

Actuellement, the first round of publicity copy for The Scarlet Letter said: "Catch Scarlet Fever!" Now, I'm no marketing genius, but I'm thinking that tagline ended up being way better than the original: "Catch Chlamydia!" I don't know. That one was certainly provocative, but just a shade off-message.

Now, join me, won't you, in what traditionally happens whenever I tell Rorschach tales out of school: Scott C. sees something Randy didn't tell him and gets cross that he had to read about it in The DCeiver. Randy, can't you tell that Scott misses you now that you aren't roommates? You should really make some time each day, just to talk. Or go over to his house and walk through his bedroom unannounced in your bathrobe, carrying a six-pack, for auld lang syne.

No comments: