Monday, March 07, 2005

Calling All Enthusiasts!!

Tribute to Lloyd Kaufman
Tonight at 6pm, head on down to the City Museum of Washington and the DC Independent Film Festival to pay tribute to one of the masters--Lloyd Kaufman. You peep his credits, and I don't think I need to tell you what an important member of the film community he's been. This is the motherfucker who wrote Sgt. Kabukiman: NYPD! He and the Troma studio will getting mad respect knuckles tonight, so join them for a most unique start to yoru weekend. (801 K Street, NW. $9)

A Black Cat Weekend.
Booking a night of music can be a thankful and arduous chore. For every night where the pieces come together pretty well, there's a night where Exit Clov gets paired with a pair of freakshow has-beens who managed to learn how to play a bass guitar the evening before. Whoever booked this weekend at the Black Cat, though, seriously, take a moment, look at your schedule. That's a work of art. Friday: Clem Snide and Archer Prewitt. Some of the most gorgeous and yet laid back pop you'll ever hear. Saturday: Ambulance LTD, VHS or Beta, Robbers on High Street. Somebody fucking hold me. Man. What a bill. Gets a little dirty now. And then Sunday: farewell gig for the Small Shouts. Only the sound guy could ruin your weekend. ($12, $12, $5 respectively)

New Edward Albee
Hey, Ed. Just wondering. When you decided to make substantial changes to The Zoo Story did you send in your goons to sue yourself? Heh heh. I'm playing with you Eddie. Just playing with you. We've been through our ups and downs, haven't we? Well, I've moved on, Edwards. And to show you that I can be a nice guy, I'm going to tell the folks to drop by Arena Stage, which is opening The Goat or, Who Is Sylvia? tonight. You haven't lost your touch, have you Eddie? I didn't think so. (in the Kreeger, through April 17)

This is all assuming:
That you don't already have tix for THE SCARLET LETTER, of course.

4 comments:

Jeff Deck said...

Like the new design, DCeiver. Bland with a touch of blasé, set on a creamy base of ho-hum.

Anyway, I thought the Oscar wrap-up on The Diner was awesome... can't wait for your coverage of the Wammies. ;-)

The Deceiver said...

Thanks and thanks. Someday, I'll reach beyond the narrow limitations of Blogger. I know. It's all ugh. After about the 900th email or IM that my sidebar wasn't coming up, though, I decided I had to change it. Hopefully, all the elements will appear on a consistent basis.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this going to make it hard for you to knock the designs of other blogs.

The Deceiver said...

That all depends one on factor: my enjoyment.

This is how it basically works.

If I feel like knocking someone else's design, then I do it.

If I don't feel like it, then I don't.

Then, if they feel like it, they can post a comment that says: "You're one to talk." Or something to that effect.

And then I may, depending on my mood, have some slight, miniscule reaction to that--usually a subtle shift in body position or, perhaps a brief inhalation or something like that.

Then, in a transition so seamless as to be invisible to the naked eye, I immediately start doing whatever next I feel like doing.