Friday, April 01, 2005

DCeptette: The Vatican City is here for you to use version.

  1. There's only one thing that could make this line-up any better: a special appearance by the Serial Arsonist (Here's a Hint)
  2. Are you seriously laughing at Brandon Flowers lashing out at the Bravery for biting their style? Sephora must have been out of Brandon's favorite brand of rouge that day or something. Anyway, that sort of thing would never happen in DC, where it used to be that most bands would simply happily pass their style back and forth to one another: "Hey, dude, are you bogarting that TeenBeat, man, because I've got to get back to my comp-lit thesis if you're not gonna pass it on." "What? I'm not smoking TeenBeat! I'm strictly harDCore. Just drinking my straight-edge Purity Water and looking for stray patches of hair to shave." "Word." (stereogum)
  3. With Pope John Paul gravely ill, and sadly, probably living his final hours, the Catholic Church will quickly come together to decide by meeting in what's called a "Conclave." Have you ever been to one? Because I gotta tell you, you won't believe how much Rohypnol they go through at one of those things! (DCist)
  4. DC terrorized by self-appointed Wahhabi Santa Claus and embarrassing Blues Brothers aficianado Kifah Jayyousi. (DCist)
  5. Are you fucking kidding me? Blogga, please! I straight-up fucking double dog dare you to move to Nashville. (YI8DC)

No comments: