Saturday, June 11, 2005

Racist dive bar maybe perhaps REVEALED (sorta, maybe)

Twas like the pulling of teeth, but a James F. proxy finally ended the period of obfuscation around where, perhaps, the vaunted den of despicable bigots may actually be.

The alleged place is John's Place. Lord knows there could be hundreds of places with that name, and who's to say Jim was in Band Camp at all, but the likely location of his confrontation was 11104 Lee Highway in Band Camp. I'd say to you, readers, to avoid this place, as it is quite possibly a haven for National Alliance types plotting to take over Herndon, Virginia. But what's the point? Why would you go there, anyway? Even accidentally? I can't say for sure why James was even out there, it is, after all, a long way to drive for someone with nothing to talk about.

So there you have it. Maybe it's a bad place. If it is, thanks ol' YI8DC. If it isn't, blame him. Just so you has a suitable kissy for your ouchy, James, drop by Wesley Clark's HQ on Sunday, around five, I'll have left you some SweetTarts or something by the door. And don't forget: see Behold! early and often.

9 comments:

vodra said...

Why teh hell are you linking to yahoo maps? Google maps is where it's at! Get with the program yo!

The Deceiver said...

Oooh, snap! You're too right, P. Vo. Too right. I'll do my best to step to the googles next time.

Matt said...

Frankly, I don't doubt that it happened. It's just the yards of irony in "I hate DC because of the casual racism, I much prefer Atlanta" that I can't seem to wrap my mind around.

The Deceiver said...

Yeah, James needs to wake up to the existence of Stone Mountain, GA. Or even just Richmond, VA.

PK said...

Maybe with time, James will get over his shock at encountering racists at a suburban biker bar. Who would've thought?

DCepticon said...

I would have been more shocked if he had encountered actual bikers.

matt said...

Apparently his response to "They have racists in Atlanta too" was "Atlanta has a counter-culture to balance it out, whereas DC doesn't." In other words, "Racism is OK as long as there's something to divert my attention from it."

I think he's officially moved from shrill and annoying to morally deplorable.

The Deceiver said...

Jesus. He's a fucking idiot.

James F said...

...like a fox.