Monday, August 29, 2005

DCent Days and Nights

The Upstate Life has the news that Clap Your Hands Say Yeah will not be playing the College of William and Mary on October 18. Instead, they will perform at the pleasure of Washington, DC. See them at the Black Cat. I have no idea who the openers are at this point.

So if you're like me, you don't want to spend September 11th in the thrall of fake pathos or crass-tacky memorial bilge. If you like boning up on your Hopelandish, go check out Sigur Ros at the Strathmore. If you like lovely, mysterious music played through a top of the line sound system but don't fancy a bunch of nordic types keening gibberish at you, we recommend Feist at the Birchmere, with the Sketches. Feist has been really good to us, by the way...she returns yet again on November 18 with Bright Eyes and the Magic Numbers at DAR.

I have yet to grok the appeal of this band, but I don't want those of you who can't live without Architecture in Helsinki to miss them. They'll be playing the Black Cat on October 7, according to the bitches at Pitchfork.


ilb said...

As much as I love Feist, it's all about Idlewild on the 11th.

Didn't Sigur Ros play here on the original 9/11?

Blogs t r e t c h said...

I pledge my undying affection to this blog for use of the word "grok."

Anonymous said...

The Feist show was incredible. The Sketches are AMAZING!!! Best show I've seen in ages.