DCeptette: Don't let the door swing and accidentally displace hundred of thousands of people from their homes on the way out, Michael Brown version.
- We're still deciding what to do with the part of the Full Minute of Mercury interview that DCist chose not to run. We may expand it or run it as is. Regardless, we'll have it by this time next week. Be patient. Go read my review and interview. (DCist)
- Hey! I don't know if you realize this, but if we're down O'Connor and Rehnquist, that means, for the time being, the Republicans don't control the Supreme Court! Whoo-hoo! We win by default! Suck it!
- The 9-11 Freedom March. Everyone has to register in order to participate in the type of parade that was heretofore the milieu of places that ended with the suffix "-grad." From there, participants are fenced in and kept together, the media sequestered away and free speech essentially banned. My only question is will the participants be given as much fresh fruit as they get down in the pens at Gitmo? (DCist)
- DOHS head Michael Chertoff says of the smacked-down Michael Brown of FEMA, "Michael Brown has done everything he possibly could to coordinate the federal response to this unprecedented challenge." Which is to say: He did fuck all. Chertoff added: "Other challenges and threats remain around the world..." Which is to say, "Hey, Brownie, why don't you go lie down in the middle of the road for good measure." Ha. Fuck you and the Arabian horse you rode in on, you worthless piece of shit. (MSNBC)
- The mayoral race to watch: number of visible Linda Cropp signs vs. the number of times Adrian Fenty hosts a formal gathering to officially "kick-off his mayoral campaign."