Friday, September 16, 2005

Katrina 100: 009 First Lady Guillotine Samples the Working Poor.

"What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this [snickering caustically] is working very well for them."
I can't tell you the number of people who've commented on the above quote from Barbara Bush the elder by saying something along the lines of, "Why didn't she just say 'Let them eat cake?'"

I hear you, people. But you are forgetting something. These days, cake is actually pretty fucking delicious.


Sean Felix McMyrth said...

Here! Here! And cake is pretty easy to get. You show me a Bush, and I'll show you a person with a foot in their mouth. Great blog.

Castor OiL said...

Nobody bakes a cake as tasty as a tasty cake.