Wednesday, October 12, 2005

DCeptette: All hands on the bad one version.

  1. Proponents of the death penalty say that it's the only way the loved ones of murder victims can reach closure. I'm not so sure. In fact, if you ask me, it seems that Jerry Kilgore's new attack ad star talks about her murdered husband so much that it makes you wonder how she'll get some closure to her damn mouth. (Washington Post)
  2. Which competing interest will emerge victorious in the frenzied bidding war for the Sursum Corda housing complex? We know this much, in the event of a tie, this AU Student plans to be the one to, uh...shower the victor. (DCist)
  3. With every passing day, the prophetic vision of this movie comes closer to reality*. (NBC Channel 4)
  4. "Comcastic"=worst word ever in LIFE! Ugh. I take Comcastic to mean something akin to what comes across in the following sentence. "You think that's bad, Irene? Try waking up with your face caked in santorum. Frankly, it's the most comcastic thing that's ever happened to me.
  5. Garrett Graff once said of me, "we have never seen a mocking as merciless as the one [DCist] handed out to the Examiner's gossip columnist, Karen Feld." Well look who's riding the snark train, now? (Though Feld totally deserved it this time, too. Obvs.) (FishbowlDC)

*but not this movie. or this one. hardly the work of visionary auteurs.


A Unique Alias said...

Number four has me laughing so hard that I'm crying a little bit. Oh, laughing and sorta nauseated.

Blue Fish, Red Pond said...

Seems like I had a Comcastic day three or four times a week when I had to deal with my shitty internet connection constantly being down.

I currently deal with Verizony days, where my access always works, it's just slow as hell

PK said...

Don't forget about this one.

PK said...

Talking with the Wife of DCeiver over the weekend, it occurred to me that if there is such a word as Comcastic, then it seems that you could also have a Comcasm. The meaning: Having something very horrible happen to you, very slowly, and without explanation or apparent cause.