Tuesday, October 11, 2005

DCeptette: City drenched in scat version

  1. All this talk about whether Architecture in Helsinki is more like the Arcade Fire or the Fiery Furnaces. Aren't we losing sight of what's important? And that is, if you build an arcade in Helsinki, isn't it more architecturally sound to install some fiery furnaces as opposed to setting it on fire? I know it's cold there, but jeez, people. Take that open flame outside the arcade and apply it directly to Devendra Banhart--he's super flammable, and his burning stench will help ward off the wolf parade. (DCist)
  2. We'd be a bit more excited about American University throwing the book at asswipe Ben Ladner if we were sure that the book they threw didn't have checks for many, many thousands of dollars folded up in its pages. (DCist)
  3. Speaking of American University, this City Paper story is probably the greatest single thing ever covered by our hometown weekly. I'm really quite speechless. And I'm disappointed that my own friends from AU have never shown this sort of freakdafied dimension in our social interactions together. Yeah: Jordan, Liz--I'm looking in your directions, darlings. Still, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: if you were to set a thousand AU students before me, each one drenched to the bone by another man's urine, I would still respect them more than Ben Ladner. (City Paper)
  4. Speaking of the City Paper and getting pissed on, a few days ago, I suggested that the new stadium for the Nationals be called "The Plantation." I am one prescient motherfucker. The City Paper has documented the plans for the new arena and my god the place is going to be one cronytastic megalopolis. The big winners are K Street, the pols, the Booz Allens and the Doug Jemals of the Future. Getting pissed on--baseball fans, who'll surely not miss the VIP treatment provided for people who don't seem that interested in cheering on the home team. (City Paper)
  5. We are so relieved that the Bono-stumping-for-Rick-Santorum story from earlier today turned out to be a hoax. Santorum disappoints us, and leaves a bad taste in our mouth. (Wonkette)

1 comment:

jordan said...

i know who daniel lubrano is, but not any of the others...i took his grey tweed jacket off of the donations pile at the end of one spring semester...not sure if i still have it though...