Monday, October 03, 2005

Katrina 100: 017 Michael Brown is no Richard Clarke

But that doesn't stop him from trying to use the "I wish someone had listened to me" defense. One problem though:

"I predicted privately for several years that we were going to reach this point [of crisis] because of the lack of resources and the lack of attention being paid to what was [once]...a very robust organization."
--Mike Brown


Umm. He predicted privately? Wow. Poor baby. If only he had the ear of someone with whom he could share all the dire musings about FEMA that had been rattling around in his brain...someone who had the authority to implement the necessary changes at FEMA. Someone like...hmmm...I dunno--the fucking HEAD of FEMA?

Seriously, if you run into Brown at a bar next weekend, would you stub out a cigarette on his forehead for me? Thanks.

No comments: