Thursday, January 05, 2006

We'll soon be together again, DCeiverites.

Many apologies to everyone of you faithful readers whom I've been badly neglecting during this past month. It takes quite a bit of mental focus holding down the store for Ana as Wonkette goes through the transition it's going through. I'm very glad that I have had the time and opportunity to play around over there -- a remarkable coincidence of a temporary period of free time on my part and a role to play over there that was like planets aligning.

I will be finishing out the week over at Wonkette over the next two days, and I believe I'll be returning to nourish this beast called DCeiver thereafter. I know I've been neglectful, and that you're owed a Lost recap at the very least. And maybe, just maybe, I won't have to write about Butterstick for at least a month. Many thanks to everyone who's dutifully stuck around waiting.

And hey, isn't this cool? Matt Yglesias likes me, he really likes me! I'm so touched!

Go buy Dog Days, and we'll catch up soon.

14 comments:

A. L. Deviant said...

Wait... So your time riding the Queen's bloggy pulchritude is limited? We need details man! Is it because you aren't an "ette" as much as you are just a "Wonk?"

I am on pins, needles AND eggshells.

naechstehaltestelle said...

What transition is this that you speak of? A mutiny? Uprising?

Anonymous said...

Commenters .. see, e.g., the Washington Post. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

A. L. Deviant said...

I clearly didn't get it, but now I do.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to come here if you're not going to be posting at Wonkette anymore. You crack me up!

susanilene said...

You are so incredibly funny -- I am still laughing, weeks later, over "Sweet Judah and the Maccabees --It's Abramoffukah!"

I thank you, sir.

Raya said...

But I love you too! Yglesias, Shmyglesias! I followed you over here from Wonkette and I'm sticking around, because your stuff at Wonkette was some of the most brilliant I've ever seen -- far funnier, pithier, and pointier than anything I've ever seen Ana write (God bless her, though). In short: you are the rockingest.

Anonymous said...

One of my fave lines: "Why can't you and separation of powers just hug it out, bitch?"

batm0nque said...

but i just discovered you! who's gonna keep me updated on butterstick's evergrowing CUTENESS!!

SamuelAlito said...

Don't worry, batmonque, david lat will spend all the time you want talking about butterstick. DCeiver will talk about more substantive items, like art, music, and the new amy freed play. If you don't like it, well go read one of those fake political blogs.

Anonymous said...

right now, DCiever..it's you and Jane Hamsher at firedoglake for blog wit, style, street smarts, true insight, writing to the pith and the balls of
abramoffukah

Anonymous said...

DCeiver, you did such a great job at Wonkette! Your posts were witty and pointed. I am adding your site to my "Favorites."

But are you suggested you were just a paid hack for Butterstick? Those wonderfully rich turns of phrase about expanding the known limits of cuteness were just business? I hope SueLynn in San Diego doesn't hear about that, it's a Washington scandal in the making.

Anonymous said...

No,that was NOT FUNNY!

''You are so incredibly funny -- I am still laughing, weeks later, over''

"Sweet Judah and the Maccabees --It's Abramoffukah!"

CheckyPantz said...

J: Congrats on the bitchin' run at "that other blog". No really. Good stuff all, funnier even than watching someone slip on a flattened rat in the alley behind DCAC (and man, that shit was FUH-NEE). -J