Thursday, April 20, 2006

DCeptette: He's never heard the song before, but he still gets the metaphor version

  1. We wish a fond farewell to Scott McClellan, who smartly abandons the foundering ship. We can't wait for your book. If there's one thing you can be thankful for, it's at least you were never namechecked in a commercial for Dr. Scholl's gel inserts.
  2. Off-Topic: Can you not see the significance of TomKat's baby and Brooke Shields' baby being born on the same day? Clearly, these two children will one day battle each other to decide the fate of mankind! Deep down, didn't you kinda know it was all going to end this way?
  3. Wow. There's really no love out there for turning RFK stadium into a dog track? Man, I loves me some area dens of iniquity. We gotta run grift somewhere. How about we turn it into a track for suburban-based Logan Circle churchgoers to race each other for some parking spaces? Thunderdome stizz? [DCist]
  4. You need my talents for Jesus? Gosh. I'd love to help, but what if I can only play the Jew Harp? [Craigslist]
  5. Uhm...did Jessica Burgess' nomination get lost in the mail? Just sayin'. [CityDesk]

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, but he was name checked - Bush Enlists Assistance of Dr. Scholl?s in Training Iraqi Security Forces. ;)

Red Line said...

Thanks for the Hold Steady reference.

Anonymous said...

Wait, which baby should I root for?

MB said...

I am pro-dens of inquity. Heck, I even tried to get my cub scout den into inquity. But I cannot imagine a duller den than one built around a dog track . . .