Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Conversations in real time.

[On the set of THE MEMORANDUM, an hour before last Sunday's performance.]


DCeiver: Mike, I hear that you'd like me to cut the fisting bit.


Michael Dove: I had a note on that.


Cast member: Fisting bit?


DCeiver: When I talk about Dr. Savant "making up the part about the ychajz ybul." It's in Ptydepe. I just thought the audience might like to know what "ychajz ybul" might be.


Michael: Okay, but fisting?


DCeiver: There's not a lot of time to do something elaborate. That was the gesture that sort of...came out.


Michael: Yeah, I think we should cut it.


DCeiver: Hey, that's cool with me. The fisting bit is cut.


Michael: Thanks.


DCeiver: Oh, Michael, by the way...


Michael: What?


DCeiver: This has easily been my favorite conversation with a director, ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say I saw the show with the fisting bit in and thought it was hilarious!

A. L. Deviant said...

I wish I could see the show. I bet Ann Coulter wishes she could see the show prior to the director's edit as she, apparently, as some secret love of fisting.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Can you sneak the fisting bit back in on Friday the 21st? Dove is a pansy.

Anonymous said...

I'm boycotting the show until the fisting is returned. Do you think a public campaign and flyers might help bring it back? Metro ads?

Herr Dictator said...

Oh, good god. I was simply worried that some sexual deviant with a dodgy heart would keel over at the sight of someone miming a "fisting" in a Vaclav Havel play! But, many people do compare him to our old Pres, Slick Billy...

Plus, I can't deal with the thought of Ben Bernake and his wife discussing it after the show.