Thursday, July 20, 2006

What a week.

July. It never fails. I get busy. It gets humid. I get tired. Sorry for the lack of content. It's a very busy time--besides work, we're closing out The Memorandum, sending a car to the grave, getting vacation plans in order, dealing with home repairs, and writing all kinds of crazy stuff for the Fringe Festival. Somehow I managed to finally pick up and finish How Soccer Explains the World. Fascinating stuff and highly recommended.


There will be more, hopefully, later. But, because we missed it on Wednesday, here's your portrait of the DCist commentariat. And for the record, I agree with Joe Queenan when he called Baltimore as "a slum with a nice aquarium." Though I sometimes fondly think of Baltimore as "that tube I go through to get to New York City."

Anyway.


6 comments:

The Governess said...

Has the DCist collective considered keeping yr comment pie charts on the front page? Maybe updated daily? Maybe to the left, under the search function? That way, I'd never have to read the comments again.

Just something I've been thinking about.

Anonymous said...

ummm... vacation plans....

which car died?

len

Blogs t r e t c h said...

Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I'd ever have a favorite Series of Pie Charts.

A. L. Deviant said...

"This must be where pies go when they die"
-Dale Cooper

DCepticon said...

I hardly ever tell you this but fuck you and your Baltimore hating ways. Much love.

tommy.carcetti said...

yes, but now baltimore has a new mayor -- www.cafepress.com/carcetti