Friday, September 29, 2006

Foley a deux

Well, Mark Foley's resigned in pedophile disgrace today, the only surprise being that it took this long to root him out. If you haven't read the emails, feel free to partake, but they made me want to Windex my monitor immediately afterwards. Foley insisted that the emails were part of a smear campaign, but it's pretty clear to me that the only smear campaign was Foley's desire to smear his gentleman's relish all over his young employees.

Still up on his website, is this:

It could just be, you know, the massive swelling of disgust rising up in my gullet talking, but I think that maybe the Congress might want to take another look-see at that law, because I'm guessing there might be some great big, gaping, yawning--uhm...let's call them "loopholes"--in that piece of legislation.

No comments: