Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fun Family Game Appeared to Promise Certain Deadly Social Diseases

Wow. File this in the Annals of Misheard Advertising: I was just sitting at home, awaiting a delivery from Hunan No. 1, when an ad for Uno Attack! came on the television. The little jingle, describing the product--which enhances the Uno experience (I guess...) by launching cards at your face. The catch is: you might get one card or "you might get eight." You might get eight. That's what the song said.

Of course, listening to it, I could have sworn it said, "You might get AIDS."

"Damn," I thought, "I'll just stick with Connect Four."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god. I thought it was just me.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I googled "uno you might get aids"... I wasn't even paying attention to the TV but that line jumped out at me. :-)

Bob said...

Hunan No. 1 has the best at-the-bar beer specials.

Bob said...

Hunan No. 1 has the best at-the-bar beer specials!