Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wilkommen to Team USA's new coach. (UPDATED)

UPDATE: Well, that was fun while it lasted.

Coming from UVa., I'm a Bruce Arena guy. My shortlist of the people I was willing to see replace him was very short. One name, in fact.

Well...we got him.

Jurgen Klinsmann, who coached the German National team to, frankly, better than anticipated results in both 2002 and 2006, will take the reins of the US National Team. Klinsmann lives in Los Angeles and, by all accounts, loves living the ex-pat lifestyle. He's been something of a good friend to US Soccer for some time now, and it'll be interesting to see what happens when he takes the reins. My guess: many players will be re-auditioning for their starting spots.

[h/t: ProductShopNYC]


PK said...

Um... so I guess this means that there are now zero people on your list?

Anonymous said...

i´m sorry for your team.

J├╝rgen Klinsmann did a really great job here in Germany. i just saw this documentary recorded by a famous german director. He joined the whole team for the last year until the cup ends. You could see how good and important Klinsmann was for our team.

I wonder which team he will coach in the future...good man!

Reg Chris
Apologise my poor english please.

My Photocommunity