Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Yeah, that's gonna scare a lot of people."

Tonight's climactic bit on 30 Rock involved the ill-advised decision to launch three hours worth of pyrotechnics on a day other than the Fourth of July. Hilarious, believe me. But also, a tad poignant for those of us who live in the DC area, because this actually happened here, and, naturally that fool George W. Bush was involved.

Where were you on the night of September 6, 2001? I was driving back from my friend's house, wondering why shit was exploding. Turns out it was because Bush was wrapping up a state dinner with Vicente Fox when he wanted to show Fox what a loco motherfucker he was, so he started shooting off fireworks in the middle of the night, you know--just as if Washington wasn't home to several hundred thousand people!

Anyway, total dick move, but it achieved a larger purpose--warming us up for five days later and the massive pants-loading dumps we'd be taking. When you think about it, if I had some perspective, I wouldn't still be all pissed about the Vicente Fox fireworks! But suck it. If the President pulls that shit again, I'ma shove a bottle rocket up his ass!

Oh well. I guess what I'm trying to say is: "Only in DC!"

No comments: