Monday, May 21, 2007

Hooray for Britannia!

TRENCHANT QUESTION: When Catherine Andrews awoke this morning, were her legs tired? Because, apparently, she's been running through my mind all night.




Aye, verily: I'd have to describe Hot Fuzz in much the same way. For the first three-quarters of the movie, it's merely hysterical. Great premise: The Village Green Preservation Society reaches its final, homicidal apotheosis. Ray Davies apparently only knew half the story! Then, without warning, the shit suddenly becomes real--and the last half hour basically offers the viewer an ever-escalating session of the most fucked-up nonsense you have ever seen in a movie. Seriously. The movie is bonkers.

If you haven't seen this movie...for crying in a bucket, DO SO. And keep your eyes peeled for Cate Blanchett and Peter Jackson.

3 comments:

Rusty said...

I dunno. I prefer the "merely hysterical" to the quick cut, 360 degree pan, Michael Bay style direction that left me on the verge of throwing up.

However I do really want to see Point Break now.

Ed said...

"Haven't you ever shot into the air and gone, 'AAAAAAHHH'?"

"No, I have NOT shot into the air and gone 'AAAAHHH'."

This movie was fuckin' hilarious. I thought it was funnier than Shaun, and that was hard to top.

Simon Pegg is a genius.

Ed said...

"Haven't you ever shot into the air and gone, 'AAAAAAHHH'?"

"No, I have NOT shot into the air and gone 'AAAAHHH'."

This movie was fuckin' hilarious. I thought it was funnier than Shaun, and that was hard to top.

Simon Pegg is a genius.