Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Audacity of Dopes: Fred Thompson Hell Bent on Ruining the Next Morrissey Album

When I read that former Senator Fred Thompson sought out former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher for some sort of ring-kissing sit down, I had the same thought as most Americans. Wait--Maggie Thatcher is still alive? Forcing my brain to relearn that caused me to forget how to perform CPR, so, good luck to the next asshole who has a heart attack on the Orange Line with me.

Last I heard from the Thatchers was that Maggie's douchebag son Mark and his shithead friend Simon Mann got caught trying to stage a coup in Equitorial Guinea, so, I'm at a loss to figure out why a presumptive Presidential candidate would want to meet with Margaret Thatcher except maybe to pop her in the mouth. Mike Allen, writing for that shitstained little journal of navelgazing, The Politico, says that Thompson "will pose for photos with Thatcher, which his advisers hope will enhance his support among devotees of former President Ronald Reagan." Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to to suck up to Reagan fans. Why not just name Margaret Thatcher after Ronald Reagan?

Anyway, here's hoping that the residents of the Falkland Islands aren't so busy that they won't have some spare time to come to Guantanamo Bay to have their genitals hooked up to electrodes.

No comments: