Friday, November 16, 2007

No Trump.

For the life of me, I cannot understand this flap over these bridge playing ladies who averred that they did not vote for President Bush. It's not like they held up a sign saying "Die, Bush, Die" or "Bush Doesn't Care About Moysian Fits." It's a simple statement of fact. I didn't vote for President Bush, either. I hardly think that's cause for opprobrium.

That said, I wouldn't advise people to go around telling others that they didn't vote for Bush as a matter of pride. Maybe that's the problem here. To be self-congratulatory about making that choice is like walking into a crowded room and announcing, "Attention everyone! I did not fish rancid ham out of the dumpster behind the Safeway and eat it! Where's my medal?"


Anonymous said...

I just think it's a sign of insecurity. People are so god damn afraid that their European friends won't like them unless they make it absolutely clear how much they hate GWB.

Anonymous said...

If Bush doesn't like Moysian
fits, he just lost my vote.

Anonymous said...

Off topic: The Washington Post just ran an article about the astonishing fact that college kids try to fit in by dressing alike (!)

I think you need to harsh on it.

Bram Reichbaum said...

Maybe we should just wear a ribbon, or a bracelet. What color is the Constitution?

BTW, new blog, PLUGSIES!