Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 In Closure: The Barque of Dante


Oh hai. So, while over the weekend and under the weather (sorry Saturday Night partying bloggers!) I officially became the last person in America to view the Sopranos series finale. I thought it was pretty excellent, frankly. And I'm not going to belabor the point. Clearly: the man got whacked.

Vaguely related: In other news of entertainments about unstoppable bleakness, my wife and I saw I Am Legend, and we continue the the gender-based divergence on liking it or not. She hated it because the dog died. I liked it, but the movie's attempt at theology - God and butterflies - was not just superfluous, but really incredibly stupid. Other than that, I thought it was great.

1 comment:

Bram Reichbaum said...

Disagree! The man neither got whacked nor did not get whacked. The series ended in a heightened and excruciating state of tension and uncertainty, which exactly mirrors the situation of our times.

Cheers, thanks for all the blogging, and Happy Anniversary of Jesus Christ's Circumcision.