Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An Elaborate, Moving Brief For This Pair And (Ultimately) In Riffs Dense.

As many of you know, I long ago dropped Home Box Office and the right to demand anything "on demand," so I'm working my way through their library of quality television via DVD. Completed: Oz and The Sopranos. And I am in the progress (hopelessly far behind, but relishing all the same) of making my way through The Wire, which I watch whenever I have private moments.

Wife of DCeiver and I have together started in on the first season of Flight of the Conchords, and holy shit: is it ever genius! Once they had proven their mettle with an initial episode offering of a brilliant Fleetwood Mac pun, I was basically in for the duration. The songs are hilarious and wonderful, the writing is taut, and I was overjoyed that moon-faced kewpie chorine Sutton Foster (who's capable of brightening up even David Simon's Baltimore) got to play along in a three episode arc. It's really, really good. But then, what does it matter what I think, seeing as how I'm the last to see any of these shows. Sigh.

2 comments:

A. L. Deviant said...

Another to add to your TV on DVD experience is the Battlestar Galactica. I am sure PK hipped you to it. Its got frails and menz enough for you and WoDC to be agog over for three or four seasons worth, f'reals.

And its convinced me that PK's claim is dead on. Cheney is, indeed, a cylon.

Jay said...

The Flight of the Conchords character Mel is based on a friend of mine.