Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Take The Retards To The Daily Show

Jon Stewart doesn't always need his writers.


"Do you feel like you might be hung up on labels and isms? Because I don't know what you're saying."
That's Stewart, responding to Jonah Goldberg, author of Liberal Fascism, who went on and on and on, not making any sense at all.

"Explain how organic food is fascist," Stewart asked. Guess what? It couldn't be done. "That's like saying, Hitler had a mustache, so mustaches are fascist."

The whole interview was chopped up like a piece of meat. I gather they did their best to edit it into something sensible. Guess what? It couldn't be done.

Jonah Goldberg is probably the dumbest human being to have ever penned a book.

You know the old saw about how if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters and a million years, they stand a good chance of writing Hamlet? Jonah Goldberg and his book are what happens after the 999,999 smart monkeys give up.

4 comments:

~Justin said...

You got me all excited by adding the label "Daily Show"... in that I thought you might have had even more to say on the subject previously... crestfallen, I was.

The Deceiver said...

Aw, man! I'm sorry. I'm a bad tagger. As you can see, I use them more for my own amusement than anything else. Maybe I'll use the "Daily Show" tag more though, now!

PK said...

Yes! The entire thing was preposterous, and made me wonder exactly why Jonah Goldberg remains semi-employed. I like to think that he makes a lot less money than me, so I'm BEATING HIM AT HIS OWN ASININE GAME.

But seriously, which line of argument was more stupid? You could go with "The New Republic was pro-Mussolini (dubious but I guess it's possible), so modern-day liberals are Fascists." Wouldn't a simple poll of opinions about Mussolini among current NR staffers settle that one?

Or how about (my favorite, really), "Hillary isn't claiming to be a liberal, but rather a (gasp) progressive!" As if he and his ridiculous kind had nothing to do with the fact that politicians these days generally avoid the word "liberal"... I mean, your fucking book is TITLED 'LIBERAL FASCISM' and you seize upon the idea that a politician doesn't want to be called a liberal. Jesus Christ.

In the end, though, the Jon Stewart setup was priceless. "So, what you're saying is that you think people throw around the term 'fascism' too easily?" Indeed.

(BTW, if the full unedited video ever makes its way to the internets, make sure you post it here...)

A. L. Deviant said...

High-sterical. Dawg, you missed a golden oppertunity to link Chimp Hamlet in again. It never gets old.