Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Worked Up.

Will it ever, ever end? I'm talking about the endless rounds of agita engendered by the comedy Knocked Up. It didn't begin with Ann Hornaday's confused column, and it won't end with the most recent thread on Unfogged. My typically sound argument is basically: a) oh, chill, b) if they had decided to have an abortion, the resulting twenty-minute film would have been hard to market as a feature, and c) if Clive Owen had been cast in Seth Rogen's role, just about NONE of these concerns would have arisen.

I remain steadfast on these points, by the way. And I'd like to admit into evidence the fact that Kathleen Heigl herself got married to this. So, sorry, folks: hot girls do get married to barely employed, hairy, awkward schlubs. I'll be happy to reconsider my position if and when she starts aborting all their babies.

By the way, Heigl herself has famously complained that the movie was "a little sexist...It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight." Uhm...gee, Kath. You're one to talk!

No comments: