Sunday, February 17, 2008

Deliver without signature.

Mandys t r e t c h: ok, so, last night i received the worst (best?) pick up line of all time

DCeiver: !!

Mandys t r e t c h: are you ready for this? brace yourself. random dude at dc9, closes his tab, looks up at me, and says (very dispassionately, i might add) "Do you work for FedEx? Cause you've been staring at my package all night."

DCeiver: omg

Mandys t r e t c h: it doesn't even make sense!

DCeiver: I don't suppose you had been...

Mandys t r e t c h: no, can't say that i was. shouldn't it have been like, an invitation to handle his package or something?

DCeiver: i'd have said: "yeah...I'm not signing for that."

Mandys t r e t c h: hahahaha. that's really good. i asked him to repeat himself, because i was sure i couldn't have heard him correctly the first time

DCeiver: HA!

Mandys t r e t c h: then i'm sure i wore my disbelief on my face when i said, "oh. cute. reeeal cute." and turned away.

DCeiver: I am sure there is a UPS joke in there somewhere. "what CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?"

Mandys t r e t c h: You know who I always feel bad for? DHL. Who uses DHL as their go to? nobody.

DCeiver: Yeah i think their ad campaign is: "look. just try us once. pls??"

Mandys t r e t c h: and even that would be a more effective pick up than "you've been staring at my package all night."

No comments: