Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vote For Your Favorite Public Intellectuals

Over at Foreign Policy's website, you can vote for your favorite Public Intellectuals. Since I opted out of all the "thinkers" whose claim to fame was perpetuating a neo-conservative fantasia, and couldn't bring myself to support trendoid picks like Malcolm Gladwell, choosing was both ridiculously easy, and then perplexingly difficult. Anyway, in the end, I decided to cast my votes for Lawrence Lessig, Samantha Power, Vaclav Havel, Wole Soyinka, and Alex Balk. I had to write-in one of them, but fuck it. My voice is gonna be heard.

2 comments:

Clayton said...

There were certainly some odd balls in there, but Daniel Dennet? Huh?

Tom said...

What's wrong with Dennett? Besides him being kind of a dick, I mean. He was writing "religion sux0rz" books before it was the in thing to do. Anyway I voted for 'im.