Saturday, June 14, 2008

In This Week's Career Suicide Weekly

I swear to you, I just do not get Katherine Heigl. Like, at all. I mean, first you go out an burn your bridges with the Judd Apatow comedy mafia, who are only producing the most bankable movie comedies around. Then you go and drop out of the Emmy race because, and I quote, "I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention."

Hmmm. Since a Grey's Anatomy insider has already characterized this as "an ungrateful slap in the face," I'd have to seriously doubt whether Heigl has embarked on a path that's going to lead to an upgrade in the quality of material. But the real question for Heigl is this: Sweetie, when will you be giving back your 2007 Emmy for your work on Grey's Anatomy? Because it's not like that shit was Anna Karenina, either.

Also: 27 Dresses. I mean: Really.

No comments: