Friday, June 27, 2008

Not To Repeat Myself

Reading Matt's blog, it seems like he's undergone the same sort of gradual repositioning on the issue of gun control, only I still think that maybe the most aggressive sort of separation of criminals with artillery should happen in the urban environment. I didn't come to change my mind because of reading Mark Kleiman, however. It was an article in The Nation, about four years ago that got me to do some heavy duty rethinking. At the time, I was so surprised to see The Nation making the case that the only thing I could do was put the magazine down after I was done reading the article, look up, and exclaim, "Now, that's change I can believe in." A gentleman sitting next to me heard me and said, "Hey. Catchy phrase." That man was Deval Patrick.

No comments: