Thursday, July 03, 2008


I have to admit, my eyes got big when I read that Choire wrote this:

At the beginning of the year, the pay rate per pageview on Gawker was $7.50, according to Portfolio's Felix Salmon; it went to $6.50 for the next quarter and it is now $5. (Other sites vary, based on overall traffic and ad rate.)

It's the only place in this article that makes this mistake. The actual rate is per thousand page views, obviously. I imagine, though, there were people who read this article, saw that sentence, though about their own wage, and immediately shot themselves in the fucking face. Hey. If that were true, that's what I would do. But think about it, at $7.50 a pageview, who on earth would the typical Gawker editor have to be jealous of? Like Dave Lowery sang, the creative underclass ain't gonna suck itself.

No comments: