Monday, September 22, 2008

Omnivore 100 Update

Just to keep you posted on my progress with the Omnivore's 100. I can now safely say that my allergy to nettle tea precludes me from ever drinking it, unless I have the yen to cause myself great distress and discomfort, which I do not. This means to achieve a 97 out of 100, I'll have to put durian back in play. I'm not at all certain I'm willing to do that yet.

The good news is that I can cross off two more items on the list. As it turns out, I have had kaolin. And it is, indeed, clay! It's also an ingredient in certain medicines I have had. Also: it's pretty disgusting. Also, I have had, thanks to a generous donation from my parents, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. And yeah, that stuff is outta sight.

No news on how I'm going to achieve the "tasting menu at a three Michelin star restaurant." In the USA, in 2007 at least, you'd have to go to Per Se or Bernardin or Jean Georges in NYC or, I think, French Laundry in Napa. One's probably better off settling in Bray, Berkshire, UK - a village with TWO three star restaurants in town. Everyone must eat like kings there!

No comments: