Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RNC Delegate Victim Of Best Grifter Ever

Wonkette has the incredibly true story of Gabriel Schwartz, a "fixture in Colorado Republican politics" like a "tool" is a fixture in a "tool shed," who got taken in by some lady seductress, drugged and robbed to the tune of $120,000. It's truly delightful. My favorite part, of course, is this:

A police report notes the crime occurred between 4:22 and 5:46 a.m., and Palmer said investigators believe Schwartz had been drugged, although he declined to discuss details. Aside from the watch, ring, necklace, earrings and belt, Schwartz also reported a $1,000 purse or wallet, a $1,500 cell phone, $500 in cash and a couple of rings worth $50 had been taken.
I'm guessing that one of the "details" he declined to discuss was what the hell he was doing carrying a purse!

Anyway, all I can say that if Megan Carpentier wasn't behind this somehow, she should have been.


Ed said...

That guy looks like the biggest douchebag I've ever seen.

Megan said...

The latest I ever got back to my hotel in East St. Paul was 3:30 am, I swear! Also, I had my Republican clothes on, no one mistakes me for a seductress when I'm dressed like a Republican. And the bar at the Hotel Ivy didn't have a good wine list.