The saddest music in the world played yesterday at the news that Radar, the last truly great haven for the misunderstood and the unemployable, had folded for the last time, its website to become thoroughly de-Balked in favor of setting up a weak clone of TMZ. The whole thing is bad, bad, awful, bad, bad, no-good, horrible, for all the reasons that Rachel notes, and more.
Anyway, one of the casualties of Radar folding has been Ana Marie, who now finds herself with coveted access to the McCain campaign without the financial means to act on it. See, with no Radar, there's no scrilla to actually send her on the trail. Here's where you can help. Go to Ana's blog, and contribute to the cause. There are valuable rewards for those that do:
I have come up with the following pledge drive bonuses! Rewards are cumulative.As someone who got to experience a one-on-one, post-"so you didn't get the Wonkette job" dinner debrief, I'd say that the $1000 donation is probably the best bargain on the table. To sweeten the pot, I'm sure I could convince Megan Carpentier to throw in some sort of Post Post-Election Dinner Debrief De-Briefing, i.e. some sort of afterparty activity that would end in some sort of "shoes-on/pants-gone" configuration.
- Anything: Good karma, knowledge that sometimes merit is rewarded. If not in this particular case.
- Over $10: A personal thank-you email (please include your email in "instructions for seller")
- Over $50: A personal thank-you phone call (please include your phone number in "instructions for seller")
- Over $100: My instant message screen name, regular personal updates via email and/or instant messages on election night
- Over $250: I will ask a senior McCain adviser the question of your choosing and send you the MP3 audio of said exchange
- Over $500: Phone call from McCain headquarters on election night, detailing hilarious antics sure to ensue
- Over $1000: One-on-one post-election dinner dinner debrief
Yes. And this is The Future Of Journalism.