Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Caveat Emptor In The Virginia 47th [Won't Get Gray Raped Again]

So, this dude named Miles Grant is running to unseat Al Eisenberg for the Virginia House of Delegates in the 47th District. According to some of my Arlington Democratic sources, there's a little bit of acrimony as to how a primary fight came about - one person I talked to made it sound like there was a little bit of a lack of politesse on Grant's part. Can't confirm any of that at the moment, and I largely don't give a shit about it. If you live in Arlington, like me, chance are you're arrogant and you're liberal, like me.

Here's what does concern me - nay, disturbs me. As it turns out, Miles Grant once took to these very pages to defend the decision to have Laura Sessions Stepp - supremely confused prude and advocate of the atrocity that is the (very anti-woman) term "gray rape" - speak to would-be mentors of children. Laura Sessions Stepp's nonsense shouldn't get tracked anywhere near children or mentors or, indeed, 21st Century America. Grant's defense of this nonsense is enough for us to be putting down the big NO NO NO as far as his electoral aspirations are concerned.

No comments: