Monday, January 05, 2009

Everything That Happens Will Happen Today

So, 2009. I think that we're going to be okay. I mean, all hope of a mistake free year was lost on January 2nd, when I ruined a batch of potstickers I was cooking up, but you know what? As first fuckups of the year go, I've had some more brutal blunders, so, no complaints.

One thing's for sure, though, I'm at the point where if each day is nothing more than a 20th Anniversary Celebration of my own life, it's truly my fault. So, I'd better take it upon myself to make the next coupld of decades interesting, because all those freebies that life hands out sometimes deserve to go elsewhere. I've gotten my share.

Naturally, in about twenty years, I can simply lapse into my family's traditional maudlin and philsophical descent into endlessly kvetching about mortality. This blog should get a LOT less fun then, so, you'd best wring what you can from this experience while the going is good.

No comments: