Thursday, January 29, 2009

Misty Water Colored Meme-ories

At the request of Amanda, I have agreed to answer the hard questions about the calendar year 2008.

4 favorite memories from 2008
Election night, all over Washington, DC, a party.
My tenth wedding Anniversary, and my plan to trick Delaware into thinking Wife of DCeiver was an out-of-town yarn entrepeneur. (I think I was a spice trader, in our scenario.)
Drinking on Hillary's dime in Denver with AMC, and successfully rationalizing our then current employment.
The night I met Megan Carpentier for the first time. Also in Denver. As you might imagine, it was pretty eventful.

4 favorite movies in 2008
Pineapple Express
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
The Dark Knight
And if we're counting television on DVD, and we are, The Wire

4 favorite foods in 2008
Rocky Mountain oysters
Mole at Polvo's
WoD's Christmas pancakes
The osso bucco from Catherine and Dmitri's wedding

4 places I loved in 2008
Washington, DC
Austin, Texas
Rehoboth, Delaware
Denver, Colorado

4 events I loved in 2008
The speech at Invesco Field
Netroots Nation
the Dream Sailors, at Rorschach
the Opening of the Beijing Olympics (on teevee, anyway)

4 things I liked in 2008
Crappy Hour, on Jezebel
The new HuffPo offices in Dupont Circle
Amy Poehler, on SNL
Liz Glover

4 things I am looking forward to in 2009
Maybe reading for fun again
Going out to see music again
That whole analog-to-digital conversion thing sounds like it could be exciting if we got really creative about it.
I don't know...surprise me, DC.

Who am I tagging? I don't know. Indentured servitude is un-Constitutional. Let's say Megan.

No comments: