Friday, May 29, 2009

Dress For Suck-cess

This commercial has been on teevee a few times tonight and I've watched it in rapt fascination, because WTF? Is this supposed to be a deep satire of consumerism I'm missing? The one lady is set upon by a group of other ladies, who want to stage an "intervention" and keep their friend from buying overpriced clothes, or something. But is it just me, or is this passel of would-be interventionists NOT wearing clothing that looks as if they've crash-landed on the set of Desperately Seeking Susan Or Some Other Nightmare Memory of the 1980s. I mean, that is some fugly-ass casualwear, right? Right?


Princess Sparkle Pony said...

Wow, I've got to agree. That lady needs to keep shopping where she's shopping and get directions to the "new friends" department.

Blogs t r e t c h said...

I had the exact same reaction to this commercial. I assumed I wasn't really seeing what I was seeing; that my mind was raging against leaving the beach so hard, that I was actually hallucinating. But hey, look at that -- proof!