Friday, May 01, 2009

Soundtrack To Alcee Hastings Talking About Obscure Sex Practices In Congress

Ryan Grim posted this video classic of Representative Alcee Hastings straight up reading a long list of awesome, multisyllabic perversions into the Congressional Record, for freedom. DCist's cut, which I've posted below, comes in at 3:17, and I naturally wondered what tune would make perfect underscoring for this clip.



My iTunes had many suggestions. The better ones included:

  • The Lovely Sparrows, "Department Of Foreseeable Outcomes"
  • Washington Social Club, "River And The Road"
  • The Delgados, "Is This All That I Came For"
  • The Cure, "Why Can't I Be You"
  • Cloud Cult, "Chemicals Collide"
  • Pavement, "Summer Babe (Winter Version)"
  • Tori Amos, "Happy Phantom"
  • Le Loup, "We Are Gods! We Are Wolves!"
Three I really thought would be good, that turned out to be sorta meh, were:

  • Cansei De Ser Sexy, "Pretend We're Dead"
  • September 67, "Stephen Malkmus Is A Fucking Snob"
  • The Killers, "Somebody Told Me"
I'm open to suggestions. "Why Can't I Be You," I think, was especially good.

No comments: