Ryan Grim posted this video classic of Representative Alcee Hastings straight up reading a long list of awesome, multisyllabic perversions into the Congressional Record, for freedom. DCist's cut, which I've posted below, comes in at 3:17, and I naturally wondered what tune would make perfect underscoring for this clip.
My iTunes had many suggestions. The better ones included:
- The Lovely Sparrows, "Department Of Foreseeable Outcomes"
- Washington Social Club, "River And The Road"
- The Delgados, "Is This All That I Came For"
- The Cure, "Why Can't I Be You"
- Cloud Cult, "Chemicals Collide"
- Pavement, "Summer Babe (Winter Version)"
- Tori Amos, "Happy Phantom"
- Le Loup, "We Are Gods! We Are Wolves!"
- Cansei De Ser Sexy, "Pretend We're Dead"
- September 67, "Stephen Malkmus Is A Fucking Snob"
- The Killers, "Somebody Told Me"